Producing of different foam rubbers and polyurethanes based on using of similar technologies and components. Main differences are only in finished item forming technique, its elasticity and application area.
Basic stages of foam rubber and insulating polyurethane foam production:
- “A” and “B” components mixing;
- Insertion of technological additives into mixture;
- Dispersion to surface or to forms;
- Mixture expansion
- Storage (foam rubber);
- Items mechanical operation.
Basic components of foam rubber and nonelastic polyurethane production:
- Isocyanates (toluelene diisocyanate, diphenylmethanediisocyanate, …);
- Modifying additives (tertiary amines)
- Tin organic compound;
- Surface active silicone stabilizer;
- Methylene chloride (old technologies)
Equipment and production components suppliers say that all components used in foam rubber production are safe for environment and human. But these statements are not true. For example:
- Say that isocyanates are practically safe – but while working with it recommend to wear gas mask or coal respirator.
- By operating sanitary code polyurethane manufacturing enterprises can not be closer than 500 m to dwellings. But say that foam rubber production danger is common delusion.
- Say that “some components” are very toxic. But soothe us that these substances as a result of high chemical activity decompose in several hours after polyurethane is produced.
Isocyanates are most biologically aggressive substances and also strong sensitizers. Even short-term inhalation of these substances can cause full-blown irritative and cauterizative effect with tracheobronchitis, desquamation and epithelium necrosis. Lower concentration cause asthmatic condition progress, so long as respiratory tracts are very sensitive to these substances. Acute intoxication declares itself by eyes mucous membrane and upper airways irritation, progress of acute conjunctivitis, rhinopharyngitis, and acute bronchitis with asthmatic component. Toxic pneumonia can progress. Systematic isocyanates exposure increases human organism sensitivity to them.
Isocyanates MPC in range 0,05-1 mg/m3.
Substance is carcinogenic for human
Isocyanates and other chemical substances can be removed from a working zone and fabrication facilities using exhaust ventilation and released into the atmosphere. But in that case two main difficulties appear.
- Necessity to heat and fan incoming air in rooms.
- Government limitation to release of harmful substances into atmosphere.
So many item manufacturers faced with the task to clean ventilating emissions and working area air.
Nowadays available several technologies of cleaning air from organic gases: absorbing (activated carbon), scrubbers (liquid absorption), biological cleaning, reburning, catalytic, photocatalytic and gas-discharge-catalytic. All these technologies have positive and negative sides.
”Ecopromika” company Ltd worked out and produce special equipment complex for cleaning air from isocyanates and other gases – “Gasconvertor “Yatagan”. For today this type of equipment has the best “cost-quality” and “efficiency-dimensions” performance, practically doesn’t have replaceable parts, doesn’t need wastes utilization and has lowest operation cost. “Gasconvertor “Yatagan” installationsefficiency of cleaning air from gases confirmed by many tests on a stand in laboratory environment and operating enterprises. Rest on field experience of “Gasconvertor “Yatagan” on different enterprises related to polyurethane production we recommend:
- To clean ventilating emissions from toluelene diisocyanate fumes use“Gasconvertor “Yatagan X,X – 1000” or “Gasconvertor “Yatagan X,X – 2000” installations;
- To clean air in recycling ventilating systems use “Gasconvertor “Yatagan X,X -200R” or “Gasconvertor “Yatagan X,X -2000R” .
For full conformity with conditions of production specified installations by Customers request completed with different prefilters: dust prefilters (bag type single EU7 dust input filter or cascade EU4-EU9) or anti-aerosol volume absorption filters (Yatagan VAF).
For reference list contact our commercial managers.
“Gasconvertor “Yatagan” air cleaning installations used on enterprises like part of ventilating systems (combined extract and input ventilation, recycling ventilation), or like separate local air cleaners.